Building together during COVID-19
COVID-19 / Coronavirus has affected us all, both in serious health risk, employment, and revenue. If you are looking to move forward on a web project at this time, I am here to help. Here are the changes I'm making to support clients better:
- Remote meetings and trainings. I am conducting all new client meetings over Google Hangouts Meet or Zoom. I can provide training by Zoom (live) or webcast (recorded). Many clients like the webcast recordings, as they can refer to them later.
- Paperless from start to finish. I have always used online services for contract signing, and am now accepting online payment for all projects and clients.
- Discounted work for fixed-bid projects. Times are tight for many clients. For any full development project beginning between now and June 1, 2020, I am offering a $20/hr rate discount. On a typical WordPress site, that's about a $1000 discount.
If you're ready to get started, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give me a call at 612-605-8837.
Stay safe and stay healthy.
Hi! My name is Sean. I'm a low-cost, independent web developer in Minneapolis. I specialize in Drupal and WordPress, and I can make your site simple, beautiful, and usable.
I know WordPress inside and out, and have built everything from one-page business card sites to large sites with dozens of pages and custom features.
- Fully responsive custom theme development.
- Setup/customization of purchased theme.
- Plugin setup and custom plugins.
- Data migration, security checks, and upgrades.
- Training on-site and via webcasts.
Powerful Drupal Sites
Drupal is one of the most customizable and robust content management systems out there — and also enjoys a large userbase. From custom indexes of content to internal sites serving thousands of users, I've used Drupal to create a powerful and customized experience for my clients.
- Drupal setup and module setup.
- Custom modules and themes, including responsive themes.
- Security maintenance.
- Data migration and Drupal upgrades.
- Training on-site and via webcasts.
Sometimes a CMS isn't what you need. From static pages in HTML 5 and CSS3 to custom-built PHP apps, I can create something custom-fit to your needs.
Typical project costs are $2000-$4000, but I work with projects anywhere from $500 to $10,000. I charge less per hour than agencies, and produce finished websites faster.
I build out the majority of my projects entirely on my own. Even on projects requiring subcontractors, I am always your point of contact. You know who to call when you want something changed, or if there are any hiccups down the road.
A Site's Full Lifecycle
Most agencies hand off a site to a client, never to touch it again. I offer a variety of maintenance options, from monthly packages to hourly help. Or training if you prefer to manage it yourself.
A Decade of Experience
I continue to use the latest technology, but I've been doing this professionally since high school. I've kept clients happy and websites running for nine years.
High Standards Come Standard.
I care deeply about the security of client websites.
Unless specifically requested by a client, every website I launch comes with HTTPS standard. This improves privacy for all users, and secures passwords for WordPress administrators. For past clients with compatible hosting, I've even offered free upgrades.
Secure WordPress Configuration
All WordPress setups are appropriately configured to minimize risk, and monitor against ongoing threats.
Secure Password Management
Every contract I sign includes a provision to protect your passwords, API keys, and sensitive information. I take that very seriously, which is why I use only randomized passwords, stored only in encrypted password management software.
Secure Devices and Connections
I use only encrypted SSH file access to your site, on password-protected devices with encrypted drives. I've taken care to ensure that if any of my devices were lost or stolen, your site is safe.
You Do Good. Your Site Can Do Better.
I work with a wide variety of clients, including small businesses and individuals. But I have particular experience with small and medium-sized nonprofits. I understand the needs of nonprofits, and an apt at taking feedback from and working with multiple stakeholders to create and maintain successful websites.
My nonprofit clients include:
New, responsive WordPress theme for an NGO working to bring healthcare to central America.
Construction of a custom Drupal website with internal features for board packets, school reporting, and school profiles.
Redeveloped WordPress site to improve mobile experience, security, and usability. Custom search by ZIP code or county to find support.
New WordPress site to replace an old static site, including a shopping cart, improved forms, and improved updating.